My latest piece in Zeek Magazine explores the implications of the threatened unilateral declaration of statehood by the Palestinians and the Israeli decision to expand the settlement of Gilo in East Jerusalem. I explain how it amounts to one of the final challenges and opportunities for the Obama Administration to save the two-state solution.
America the Spectator; Time For Less Talk, More Action From Obama
November 24, 2009 by Mitchell Plitnick
Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged Abbas, Barak, East Jerusalem, Gilo, Israel, Jerusalem, Jewish State, Middle east, Netanyahu, Obama, Palestinian Authority, Palestinians, Salam Fayyad, Two-state solution, West Bank | Leave a Comment
Do you need an expert speaker on Israel-Palestine, the history of the conflict, the US-Israel relationship, the different sectors of the peace movement, and many other topics related to Israel-Palestine?
Use the contact form here to contact me to speak to your group, on your panel or at your event.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Escalating Violence In Israel, West Bank Is The Result Of Failed Peace Process
- Silent Arrogance: Netanyahu At the UN
- A Top Israeli Diplomat Publicly Admits What Netanyahu Won’t
- Update: Reykjavík Modifies Decision to Boycott Israeli Products
- Iceland’s Capital City Declares Boycott of All Israeli Products