My latest piece at Souciant examines the complete disconnect of Mahmoud Abbas from the reality of the situation the Palestinians are in. I ask why Israel should even be expected, by purely self-interest standards, to end its control over millions of Palestinians and examine how that calculus might be changed.
Archive for May 2nd, 2012
Posted in Mahmoud Abbas, Palestine, tagged Abu Mazen, Ariel Sharon, Benjamin Netanyahu, Dov Weisglass, International Court of Justice, Iran, Israel, Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions, Jeff Halper, Judaism, Knesset, Mahmoud Abbas, Palestinian Authority, Shabak, Shaul Mofaz, Shin Bet, Sinai Peninsula, Tzipi Livini, United Nations, West Bank, Yuval Diskin on May 2, 2012 | Leave a Comment »
Do you need an expert speaker on Israel-Palestine, the history of the conflict, the US-Israel relationship, the different sectors of the peace movement, and many other topics related to Israel-Palestine?
Use the contact form here to contact me to speak to your group, on your panel or at your event.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- As a Jew, This Makes Me Angry
- Israel Lobby Galvanises Support for Gaza War
- The International Community Must End Israel’s Collective Punishment of the Civilian Population in the Gaza Strip
- A Call for Action: An Emergency Fund to Support the Protest Against the War in Gaza
- Israel-Palestine: Correcting Some Faulty Ideas on Both Sides