In this week’s article for Souciant, I analyze the new unity government in Israel–why it happened, what it means and how it affects various aspects of Israel’s current situation. Particularly, I look at some potential implications for the Palestinians, a point which seems largely overlooked in analysis of this week’s events.
The Perils of Unity: Israel’s New Government
May 9, 2012 by Mitchell Plitnick
Posted in Bibi Netanyahu, Israel | Tagged Amnon Lipkin-Shahak, Area C, Barack Obama, Benjamin Netanyahu, Benny Gantz, Ehud Barack, IDF, Iran, Israel, Israel Defense Forces, Kadima, Labor, Meir Dagan, Meretz, Oslo Process, Palestine, Shaul Mofaz, Tzipi Livni, West Bank, Yesh Atid, Yuval Diskin | Leave a Comment
Do you need an expert speaker on Israel-Palestine, the history of the conflict, the US-Israel relationship, the different sectors of the peace movement, and many other topics related to Israel-Palestine?
Use the contact form here to contact me to speak to your group, on your panel or at your event.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Why is Ali Dawabsheh Dead? On Price Tag Attacks
- Yeshayahu Leibowitz: I Told You So
- Matthew Duss: Congressional Testimony on Impact of BDS
- Morgan Freeman, Jack Black, Queen Noor, Valerie Plame and More on the Iran Deal
- My New Piece, “Correcting the Critics of the Iran Nuclear Deal” And Additional Notes