In my latest piece for Alternet, I take a broad look at the increasing civilian violence within the Green Line, inside Israel “proper,” even though that phrase has lost a lot of meaning now that the settlers have won. I’ll get into that more in another article soon, but for now, I look at how economic policies that were embraced years ago by Netanyahu but have roots that go much farther than him actually have sown the seeds of the violent xenophobia that has mushroomed in Israel, making headlines with a lynching in Jerusalem and riots in Tel Aviv in recent months.
How a Toxic Mix of Austerity and State Racism Led to Violent Riots in Israel
September 12, 2012 by Mitchell Plitnick
Do you need an expert speaker on Israel-Palestine, the history of the conflict, the US-Israel relationship, the different sectors of the peace movement, and many other topics related to Israel-Palestine?
Use the contact form here to contact me to speak to your group, on your panel or at your event.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Matthew Duss: Congressional Testimony on Impact of BDS
- Morgan Freeman, Jack Black, Queen Noor, Valerie Plame and More on the Iran Deal
- My New Piece, “Correcting the Critics of the Iran Nuclear Deal” And Additional Notes
- Obama Just Made Israeli Settlement Boycotts Kosher
- The Gaza Report Shouldn’t Be Buried