In my latest piece for Souciant, I look at what President Obama can do to create a more positive view of the United States in the Arab world, and how some steps that need to be taken in response to the Arab Spring can actually help move the politics around Israeli-Palestinian peace forward. In turn, that forward motion would also, obviously, help enhance the US’ standing in the Arab world, a pleasant symbiosis that I highly doubt Obama will pursue.
Last Chance for Peace
November 9, 2012 by Mitchell Plitnick
Posted in Arab Spring, Barack Obama | Tagged Bahrain, Barack Obama, Benjamin Netanyahu, democracy, Democrats, Iran, Islam, Israel, John Boehner, Middle east, Mitch McConnell, Mitt Romney, Qatar, Religion, Republicans, Secularism, Sheikh Khalifa, United States | Leave a Comment
Do you need an expert speaker on Israel-Palestine, the history of the conflict, the US-Israel relationship, the different sectors of the peace movement, and many other topics related to Israel-Palestine?
Use the contact form here to contact me to speak to your group, on your panel or at your event.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Matthew Duss: Congressional Testimony on Impact of BDS
- Morgan Freeman, Jack Black, Queen Noor, Valerie Plame and More on the Iran Deal
- My New Piece, “Correcting the Critics of the Iran Nuclear Deal” And Additional Notes
- Obama Just Made Israeli Settlement Boycotts Kosher
- The Gaza Report Shouldn’t Be Buried