In this week’s piece at Souciant, I look at the lessons Bill Clinton’s mistakes at Camp David II hold for Barack Obama today. Many of the conditions have changed, of course, but Clinton’s mis-steps, as well as what he did right, hold general lessons that Obama must keep in mind if he ever decides to seriously re-engage in this issue.
Lessons for Obama
February 8, 2013 by Mitchell Plitnick
Posted in Camp David | Tagged Benjamin Netanyahu, Bill Clinton, Camp David, Clinton Parameters, Egypt, Ehud Barak, Fatah, Hamas, Israel, John Kerry, Middle east, Occupied Territories, Palestine, Right of Return, Saudi Arabia, Southern Lebanon, Taba, United States, Yasir Arafat, Yitzhak Rabin | Leave a Comment
Do you need an expert speaker on Israel-Palestine, the history of the conflict, the US-Israel relationship, the different sectors of the peace movement, and many other topics related to Israel-Palestine?
Use the contact form here to contact me to speak to your group, on your panel or at your event.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Yeshayahu Leibowitz: I Told You So
- Matthew Duss: Congressional Testimony on Impact of BDS
- Morgan Freeman, Jack Black, Queen Noor, Valerie Plame and More on the Iran Deal
- My New Piece, “Correcting the Critics of the Iran Nuclear Deal” And Additional Notes
- Obama Just Made Israeli Settlement Boycotts Kosher