Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas called on Barack Obama to jump-start the “peace process.” At LobeLog, I examine whether Obama is likely to heed that call and the grim position Abbas is in that prompted him to make it.
A Desperate cry for help from Abbas
February 20, 2013 by Mitchell Plitnick
Posted in Mahmoud Abbas | Tagged AIPAC, Barack Obama, BDS, Benjamin Netanyahu, Democrats, Gaza Siege, GOP, Hamas, Israel, Israel Lobby, Israeli occupation, John Kerry, Mahmoud Abbas, Muhammad Ashtiya, Obama mideast trip, OPT, PA, Palestine, Palestinian Authority, Peace process, Republicans | 1 Comment
Do you need an expert speaker on Israel-Palestine, the history of the conflict, the US-Israel relationship, the different sectors of the peace movement, and many other topics related to Israel-Palestine?
Use the contact form here to contact me to speak to your group, on your panel or at your event.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Why is Ali Dawabsheh Dead? On Price Tag Attacks
- Yeshayahu Leibowitz: I Told You So
- Matthew Duss: Congressional Testimony on Impact of BDS
- Morgan Freeman, Jack Black, Queen Noor, Valerie Plame and More on the Iran Deal
- My New Piece, “Correcting the Critics of the Iran Nuclear Deal” And Additional Notes