A group of former European heads of state and foreign ministers have sent a letter to Catherine Ashton advocating some important steps in the Israel-Palestine conflict, and included a surprisingly sharp rebuke of US policy. I report here for IPS.
Europe Urged to Step into Breach of Failed Mideast Peace
May 7, 2013 by Mitchell Plitnick
Posted in Europe | Tagged AIPAC, Barack Obama, Chas Freeman, Elliott Abrams, European Eminent Persons Group, human rights, international law, Israel, Israel Lobby, Jeremy Greenstock, Middle east, Occupation, Oslo Process, Palestine, Paul Pillar, pro-Israel, Settlements, Two-state solution, United States | Leave a Comment
Do you need an expert speaker on Israel-Palestine, the history of the conflict, the US-Israel relationship, the different sectors of the peace movement, and many other topics related to Israel-Palestine?
Use the contact form here to contact me to speak to your group, on your panel or at your event.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- As a Jew, This Makes Me Angry
- Israel Lobby Galvanises Support for Gaza War
- The International Community Must End Israel’s Collective Punishment of the Civilian Population in the Gaza Strip
- A Call for Action: An Emergency Fund to Support the Protest Against the War in Gaza
- Israel-Palestine: Correcting Some Faulty Ideas on Both Sides