Samantha Power is certain to win confirmation for the post of Ambassador to the UN. Her execrable testimony at the Senate Foreign Relations Committee yesterday all but sealed the deal. And why now, when a so-called human rights defender has the support of people like Alan Dershowitz, who advocates the destruction of entire Palestinian villages, and other notable bleeding hearts like John McCain, Joe Lieberman, Max Boot and others. I report for IPS here.
Power Woos Critics with Pro-Israel Charm Offensive
July 18, 2013 by Mitchell Plitnick
Posted in United Nations, US-Israel Lobby | Tagged Alan Dershowitz, Barack Obama, Israel, Israel Lobby, Joe Lieberman, John McCain, Max Boot, Morton Klein, Neoconservatives, Rabbi Shmuley Boteach, Republican Jewish Coalition, Samantha Power, U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Zionist Organization of America | 1 Comment
Do you need an expert speaker on Israel-Palestine, the history of the conflict, the US-Israel relationship, the different sectors of the peace movement, and many other topics related to Israel-Palestine?
Use the contact form here to contact me to speak to your group, on your panel or at your event.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Matthew Duss: Congressional Testimony on Impact of BDS
- Morgan Freeman, Jack Black, Queen Noor, Valerie Plame and More on the Iran Deal
- My New Piece, “Correcting the Critics of the Iran Nuclear Deal” And Additional Notes
- Obama Just Made Israeli Settlement Boycotts Kosher
- The Gaza Report Shouldn’t Be Buried