The mayor of Upper Nazareth, Shimon Gafsou, is campaigning for re-election on an openly racist platform, even by the standards set by the likes of Avigdor Lieberman and Naftali Bennett. His openly racist statements bring out some uncomfortable but crucial truths about Israel and why a resolution of the conflict with the Palestinians has been so hard to reach for. I explore this week in Souciant.
Racism As a Virtue
August 9, 2013 by Mitchell Plitnick
Posted in Israel | Tagged Ahad Ha'am, Avigdor Lieberman, David Ben-Gurion, Ha'aretz, Israel, Israeli Arabs, Jews, Judah magnes, Martin Buber, Multiculturalism, Naftali Bennett, Natzrat Ilit, Nazareth, Palestinians, Racism, Shimon Gafsou, Theodor Herzl, Upper Nazareth, Zionism | Leave a Comment
Do you need an expert speaker on Israel-Palestine, the history of the conflict, the US-Israel relationship, the different sectors of the peace movement, and many other topics related to Israel-Palestine?
Use the contact form here to contact me to speak to your group, on your panel or at your event.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Matthew Duss: Congressional Testimony on Impact of BDS
- Morgan Freeman, Jack Black, Queen Noor, Valerie Plame and More on the Iran Deal
- My New Piece, “Correcting the Critics of the Iran Nuclear Deal” And Additional Notes
- Obama Just Made Israeli Settlement Boycotts Kosher
- The Gaza Report Shouldn’t Be Buried