My weekly column at Souciant this time is not Mideast related at all. In the wake of Chelsea Manning’s revelation about herself, I take a look at the progress that has been made on transgender issues and the long way we still have to go, particularly in communities that should already be much farther along, in my view. More than usual, I welcome your feedback, either online or you can message me directly through the contact link on this page.
Faces of Transphobia
August 23, 2013 by Mitchell Plitnick
Posted in LGBT | Tagged Barack Obama, Bradley Manning, Chelsea Manning, Gay, goth, Hippie, Indigo Girls, Iraq, Islan Nettles, Lesbian, LGBT, Mansfield Frazier, Michigan Womyn’s Music Festival, National Center for Transgender Equality, National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, New York Area Bisexual Network, Punk, The Daily Beast | Leave a Comment
Do you need an expert speaker on Israel-Palestine, the history of the conflict, the US-Israel relationship, the different sectors of the peace movement, and many other topics related to Israel-Palestine?
Use the contact form here to contact me to speak to your group, on your panel or at your event.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Matthew Duss: Congressional Testimony on Impact of BDS
- Morgan Freeman, Jack Black, Queen Noor, Valerie Plame and More on the Iran Deal
- My New Piece, “Correcting the Critics of the Iran Nuclear Deal” And Additional Notes
- Obama Just Made Israeli Settlement Boycotts Kosher
- The Gaza Report Shouldn’t Be Buried