In my weekly piece at Souciant, I do a post-mortem on the PC(USA) divestment initiative, which failed by a 333-331 margin with two abstentions. I conclude that the defeat still shows a growing intolerance for Israel’s trampling of Palestinian rights.
Christians Conflicted About Israel
July 6, 2012 by Mitchell Plitnick
Posted in BDS | Tagged Americans for Peace Now, Anti-Semitism, B'Tselem, Caterpillar, Christianity, Divestment, Gaza Strip, Ha'aretz, Hebron, Israel, Israel Defense Forces, Jerusalem, Jewish Voice for Peace, Lara Friedman, MJ Rosenberg, Palestine, Presbyterian Church USA, Qalqilya, Tel Aviv, West Bank | Leave a Comment
Do you need an expert speaker on Israel-Palestine, the history of the conflict, the US-Israel relationship, the different sectors of the peace movement, and many other topics related to Israel-Palestine?
Use the contact form here to contact me to speak to your group, on your panel or at your event.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Prospects for Peace: Obama’s Last Stand and Opportunities in the New Administration
- Can A New Democratic Party Rise From the Ashes of Clinton’s Defeat?
- FMEP Policy Brief: Israel’s “Formalization” Law
- How Far Will Trump’s Unpredictability Disrupt American Policy on Israel?
- Likud Chairman Threatens Citizenship of B’Tselem’s Executive Director