My first piece for Alternet, and many thanks to Joshua Holland and Alex Kane for their help and support. In this piece, I look at how both US parties are moving sharply to the right on Israel-Palestine and why it looks like more than just the usual “pro-Israel” pandering that regularly occurs in election years.
Democratic Neocons: Party of Liberals Aligns With Extremists on the Israeli Right
August 7, 2012 by Mitchell Plitnick
Posted in Democrats, Republicans, United States, US-Israel Lobby | Tagged AIPAC, Allen West, Arab American Institute, Benjamin Netanyahu, Condoleezza Rice, Frank Lautenberg, Gary Ackerman, Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, Israel, Israel Lobby, J Street, Jewish Voice for Peace, Joe West, Middle east, Mitt Romney, National Jewish Democratic Council, Netanyahu, NJDC, Obama, Occupation, Palestinians, pro-Israel, Republican National Committee, Two-state solution | Leave a Comment
Do you need an expert speaker on Israel-Palestine, the history of the conflict, the US-Israel relationship, the different sectors of the peace movement, and many other topics related to Israel-Palestine?
Use the contact form here to contact me to speak to your group, on your panel or at your event.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Understanding the UN Settlements Resolution
- Nominee For US Ambassador to Israel Should Raise Alarm Bells For Everyone
- How Peace Can Survive Trump and Bibi
- Prospects for Peace: Obama’s Last Stand and Opportunities in the New Administration
- Can A New Democratic Party Rise From the Ashes of Clinton’s Defeat?