At LobeLog today, I examine the reasons for Israel’s attack on Gaza now, and what it means for the developing strategic situation between Israel and a changing Arab world and, perhaps most importantly, what all of this implies for the second term of Barack Obama. It looks very grim, but, I maintain, not yet hopeless.
Continued US Support For Israeli Bombing Of Gaza Bodes Ill For Obama’s Second Term
November 15, 2012 by Mitchell Plitnick
Posted in Barack Obama, Bibi Netanyahu, Gaza | Tagged AIPAC, B'Tselem, Barack Obama, Benjamin Netanyahu, Egypt, Gaza, Hamas, human rights, international law, Israel, Israel Lobby, Likud Beiteinu, Middle east, Mitchell Plitnick, Occupation, Operation Cast Lead, Operation Pillar of Defense, Palestine, Syria, Terrorism, United Nations, War, Yisrael Beiteinu | Leave a Comment
Do you need an expert speaker on Israel-Palestine, the history of the conflict, the US-Israel relationship, the different sectors of the peace movement, and many other topics related to Israel-Palestine?
Use the contact form here to contact me to speak to your group, on your panel or at your event.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- How Peace Can Survive Trump and Bibi
- Prospects for Peace: Obama’s Last Stand and Opportunities in the New Administration
- Can A New Democratic Party Rise From the Ashes of Clinton’s Defeat?
- FMEP Policy Brief: Israel’s “Formalization” Law
- How Far Will Trump’s Unpredictability Disrupt American Policy on Israel?