My latest piece on Alternet takes an in-depth look at Naftali Bennett, the rising star in Israeli politics. Bennett is a much more serious man than the last such new leader, Avigdor Lieberman. Intelligent and articulate, Bennett has a much wider appeal and could very well define the future of Israel and its relationship to both the Palestinians and the international community. He is not to be taken lightly.
Israeli Right Rising: The Face of the Jewish State’s Future Wants to Annex Illegal Settlements
January 16, 2013 by Mitchell Plitnick
Posted in Naftali Bennett | Tagged Avigdor Lieberman, Barack Obama, Benjamin Netanyahu, democracy, Gaza, Habayit Hayehudi, Israel, Israel Lobby, Jerusalem, Jewish State, Likud, Middle east, Naftali Bennett, Occupation, One-State Solution, Palestine, Palestinians, pro-Israel, Settlements, Shelly Yachimovich, Two-state solution, Tzipi Livni, West Bank | Leave a Comment
Do you need an expert speaker on Israel-Palestine, the history of the conflict, the US-Israel relationship, the different sectors of the peace movement, and many other topics related to Israel-Palestine?
Use the contact form here to contact me to speak to your group, on your panel or at your event.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- Prospects for Peace: Obama’s Last Stand and Opportunities in the New Administration
- Can A New Democratic Party Rise From the Ashes of Clinton’s Defeat?
- FMEP Policy Brief: Israel’s “Formalization” Law
- How Far Will Trump’s Unpredictability Disrupt American Policy on Israel?
- Likud Chairman Threatens Citizenship of B’Tselem’s Executive Director