In preparation for the Israeli elections next week, I’m taking a week off from writing about Israel and turning attention to another important issue, the mad passion for guns in the United States. So this week’s piece at Souciant argues that guns are, in essence, the United States version of a Golden Calf and underline the urgency of changing the gun culture. Changing laws is a necessary first step in doing that, a difficult one, but the only one that starts such a cultural process and still does some good right now.
Posts Tagged ‘AK-47’
Do you need an expert speaker on Israel-Palestine, the history of the conflict, the US-Israel relationship, the different sectors of the peace movement, and many other topics related to Israel-Palestine?
Use the contact form here to contact me to speak to your group, on your panel or at your event.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
- How Peace Can Survive Trump and Bibi
- Prospects for Peace: Obama’s Last Stand and Opportunities in the New Administration
- Can A New Democratic Party Rise From the Ashes of Clinton’s Defeat?
- FMEP Policy Brief: Israel’s “Formalization” Law
- How Far Will Trump’s Unpredictability Disrupt American Policy on Israel?